Thursday, June 21, 2007

From Susan Bishop

Hello to the class of 1982,

Where has the time gone? 25 years??? It seems like it was yesterday that I was sneaking out of Ms. Burrow's study hall to walk to Butterfields for one of my favorite peanut butter ice cream cones. I can’t believe how easy and simple life was then.

Well I’m no longer living in Maine. My husband and I (Bill) have been married 19 years this summer. Bill and I met at the Blethen House while he was on a hunting trip in Dover-Foxcroft. We live in Thompson, Connecticut with our four children. Sarah (18) our oldest daughter just graduated from Marianapolis Preparatory she is pursuing a degree in psychology. Audrey (16) is a junior at Marianapolis Prep she is full of talent!!! She plans on pursing a degree in music, art and photography. Logan (11) makes me laugh everyday with his honest humor, he is entering the six grade and attends the Wolf School in Providence RI. Blake (7) will be starting second grade this fall. He is an “actor” Blake loves to perform on stage; he is also a talented T-ball player.

I went back to school in 2002 at a community college near our home. I graduated with my associate’s degree in 05 and now I am starting my senior year in a bachelor degree program at Charter Oak State College in human services/psychology. I am actually considering working on my masters after I graduate…..

I work fulltime for a non profit social service agency located here in Thompson. My title is Community Advocate which means I help people from birth to death. My favorite part of my job or my passion is empowering parents to become their child’s advocate. I work as a parent coach helping parents to understand their child’s special needs and assisting them with the public school system. www.teegonline.org

I was surprised to see the picture on the blog of myself and four of my close friends from school Vicki, Joanna, Lisa and Wendy. I can’t begin to tell you how much fun the five of us had together. One of my fondest memories was the day we all skipped school and went to Bar Harbor to play on the beach.

I am hoping to be at the reunion in August. I would love to reconnect with some of my friends I already made an email connection with Vicki Yakulevich after about 23 years. So if anyone else wants to reconnect my email address is susannewit@peoplepc.com I’d love to hear from you.

Hopefully I will see you all in August,

Susanne (Bishop) Witkowski

No comments: