Wednesday, April 18, 2007

From Aime (Shenton) McGraham




I moved to the West Coast from Bangor twenty years ago. I've lived in Scottsdale, Arizona for more than twelve years; before that, Huntington Beach, California for eight. I am Regional Vice President of Sales for Ameritas Group Dental & Eyecare, a Nebraska insurance company I've been with for nearly fifteen years. My job is about 60% travel, all over the US. I graduated magna cum laude from Arizona State University (finally) in 2000.

I am married to a great guy, Rollie, who is originally from Boston. He's a personal trainer. We are both passionate about fitness. He competes in bicycle races throughout the west; I am an distance runner. I've run numerous half-marathons around the US, six marathons, including the Boston Marathon, and two ultramarathons, a 50K trail run and a 44-miler in and out of the Grand Canyon last year (photo below).




We have a golden retriever and a cat. I am also very active in volunteer work for Best Friends Animal Society, the nation's largest no-kill shelter. I write and edit their online newsletter for the state of Arizona


Amie (Shenton) McGraham

No comments: